Kern River currently plans to upgrade its web servers the evening of Wednesday, September 30, 2020, beginning at 10:00 p.m. MDT. Individuals that wish to use or are currently using Kern River’s Rapids system must install the "Citrix Receiver 4.9.9002 for Windows, LTSR Cumulative Update 9" or a later version for continued access beginning Thursday, October 1, 2020. In addition to the Citrix install, users must also ensure that TCP Port 80 or TCP Port 443 are open (one of these ports should already be open for existing users) and connectivity to the new IP addresses 188.8.131.52 (Services.KernRiverGas.com) and 184.108.40.206 (Rapids.KernRiverGas.com) is provided.
Individuals should contact their system administrator to determine if their device (computer, tablet, etc.) meets the requirements listed below. Access to Rapids will not be possible if the device is not set up properly.
1. Citrix Software Upgrade
- Rapids Users must be using Citrix Receiver Version 4.9.9002 or newer.
- Rapids Users should contact their system administrator to determine if they need to download and install a newer Citrix version.
- If Rapids Users are currently using a version of Citrix that is newer than Citrix Receiver Version 4.9.9002, no change is needed for this requirement.
- If Rapids Users are currently using a version of Citrix that is older than Citrix Receiver Version 4.9.9002, Rapids Users must download and install the updated Citrix software. Kern River recommends Rapids Users download and install the updated Citrix software "Citrix Receiver version 4.9.9002 for Windows, LTSR Cumulative Update 9" from the Citrix.com website link: Citrix Receiver Version 4.9.9002.
2. Firewall Settings - New IP Addresses
- Rapids Users must verify their Firewall Settings with their company's system administrator who will determine if they need to make an update.
- System Administrators may wish to keep the current IP address available for a period of time after the upgrade.
- If Rapids Users need to make Firewall Settings changes, their company's system administrator will need to provide connectivity to the following server IP addresses to ensure reliable and uninterrupted access to the application:
220.127.116.11 - Services.KernRiverGas.com
18.104.22.168 - Rapids.KernRiverGas.com
TCP ports 80, 443
Kern River strives to provide excellent customer service. Rapids Users and their company's system administrators may contact Kern River Marketing and Customer Services representatives Charlie Starr (801-937-6359) or Matt Jenkins (801-937-6122), or the Customer Services hotline (801-937-6111) for guidance.